Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Some things will never change.

So, we went to Indiana this past weekend for the last time! I will admit, I didn't realize how many things are in that town that I have huge memories of. Me and my sister took a big portion of the day on Saturday and drove around taking pictures. We did some really serious things but also took the time to enjoy the day and laugh a lot. I went to New Castle A LOT growing up. Not only did I go at the obvious Holiday times, but I also always spent a good portion of my summers there. I do think because of that, I have a strong feeling towards not only my grandparents, but also their home town. It is so fun to talk to them both about the upcoming move. They are like 2 kids in a candy store. Papaw freely admitted though, that he is positive he will cry a lot when pulling out of town for the last time.

I could go on and on and talk about the trip... I really had a good time. But instead I want to share a story...

We went to one of my favorite places, Memorial Park to take some pictures. While we were there, Teri, my sister and me, took a walk around to look at and comment on all the different toys we would climb/play on. We took some fun pictures and talked about how I always got stuck with the crappy toys nobody else wanted to use. At this park, there is a huge twisty slide. OK... I thought this thing was massive when I was a kid. I didn't go down it for years after all the other grandchildren had. Well, when we got to the park I noticed that it was still really big. The pictures really don't do justice. And also, keep in mind, I am very much so scared of heights. And, not like really tall places... I like hate climbing up bigger step ladders. I know... its sad! Ha. So i decide to climb halfway up the ladder and have sis take a funny picture. I get up there and literally start shaking. She takes a picture and then I realize I have to climb down. That took a few minutes to say the least.

We talk for a few minutes about how I wish I could go down the slide one more time. Teri finally convinces me to go for it. So, i climb back up, and this time I go all the way to the top. OK... people, I could barely stand. You would think I was 100 feet in the air or something. My body is about to fall out, and I start yelling to Teri. If you were there you would hear these phrases over and over again.. "SIS" "Sis, I can't do it" "I am gonna fall over the edge". "For real, how am I gonna get down" " OH MY WORD" "Its too big"... Poor Teri had to hear this for a good 5 minutes. Well, I finally decide to go down and I get around the first turn.... I look down and there stands a teenage boy. HE HAS BEEN RECORDING ME WITH HIS PHONE THIS ENTIRE TIME!! I turn the second loop and stop myself long enough to look at Teri and ask, "is he really recording me?". She says yes with a huge smile on her face and takes my picture. So, not only did that boy catch my crazy scared out of my mind moment... he caught a girl (who should not be trying to get herself down a little kids slide) flying down the slide, in a way I am sure was not my best moment. Needless to say, you may see me on YouTube or America's Funniest Videos.
I really wish these pictures showed how big the slide really is... But yes, i am a wimp. And I am totally fine with it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word! I laughed all over again reading this. Seriously, that is one of my best memories ever. Along with, "Sis! I found 'em! Charlie and Ella, right?" Love you and I'm so glad I got to experience all of that with you!

    ReplyDelete