Monday, September 12, 2011

I have this friend...

There are some friends that come into your life that change you as a person. I mean, I know everyone has some effect on you...but there are those few people that have a lasting impression on your life. I think that if you have a handful of those people that you should consider yourself really blessed. I am thankful to have many people that I call a "true friend". But, this post is about just 1 of those people...Lynsey. I know that she will hate this post and I will receive a call tomorrow talking about these pictures of her or something I have said... but oh well, get over it Lyns! Ha! We met in high school for a few different teen activities through our church denomination. We weren't too fond of each other...to put it nicely. I thought she was stuck up and she thought I was annoying. She will try to deny this... but she wears her true emotions all over her face. Then we both ended up at the same college...and wouldn't you know...we were suite mates. We ended up on the same traveling music group for our freshman year also... so we were just thrown into the same activities together. It was an instant friendship from that moment on.

There are few people that I remained friends with all 4 years in college. Friends came and went.. I changed a lot... But, through every year, there was Lyns. I ask her all the time why she stuck with me. I was a crazy girl and I am sure I took her down some crazy roads she would have never seen otherwise. She will NEVER understand how much her advice (loving and harsh), laughs, talks and tears meant to me at that time in life.

She got married right after college. This is a funny day to look back on. At that point, every friend of mine that got married fell into "the marriage trap". They became, to put lightly, sucky friends. They forgot all about other people and let friendships die off. Trust me, single people get this a lot. I cried the entire day... and i mean entire day. I was so worried that I was "losing" my best friend. Boy was i wrong. Lynsey has been a wonderful, faithful friend. Yes, it did change, as it should... but she has never made me feel weird for being single, or like I was not important in her life.






There are not many people that I am really honest with in my life. Lynsey is one of them though. We have a Monday night ritual of going to dinner or coffee. As i drove off tonight I couldn't help but thank God for putting her in my life. He knew that I needed that friendship. So, thanks friend for everything. The good, the bad and the ugly. You are an amazing friend, and I am privilaged to call you one of my best. 

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Those friends are so precious and few (wow, sorry about the hallmark card type quote but you know what I mean) love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, friend! I'm not making you take any of this down. All of these pictures are at least 3 years old though, maybe we do need a new one. ;) YOU are an amazing friend and I'm so blessed to have you in my life! I love you and I'm so thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lynsey, too! Although probably not as much as you do. :) Not sure anyone loves her that much, other than maybe her parents and Jacob. :)

    ReplyDelete