Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I am thankful...

So, the trend on facebook this month has been to write something everyday that you are thankful for. I would forget 1/2 of the month to do that. So, i decided to just write a blog about some things... I am sure another one will follow with more on the list.


1. Amy. Wow, where to start. Honestly, this girl needs a blog post or two dedicated to her. She has been a best friend since, well... we were too young to remember. Right now, she is also my roommate. I love living with her. I tell people all the time when they ask how it is.. that it is effortless. We know each other like the back of our hands. I can take one look at her and know immediately if something is up. The same with her. There is nobody else that does the midnight sonic runs, walmart trips and late night back porch time quite as well as she does. I love that we know the advice that each other needs, and for the most part don't want to hear. (Taco Bell, line) Ha!



2. My friend's kids. These kiddos bring more enjoyment to my life than they know. I work with kids everyday... and don't get me wrong, I love those kids. But these kids are really my nieces and nephews. I love being Aunt Casey. Sleepovers with Mayer are the best, accidentally making Sophia scared by jumping out at her will always make me laugh and the times when Liam decides that i am semi normal, melts my heart. So, thanks to their moms and dads for bringing these precious kiddos into the world, and letting me play a small part in their lives. 

3. My family. I learn a lot from many different members in my family almost weekly. Sometimes, they are good things, and sometimes I learn from their experiences. I have honestly, just in the past few weeks learned a lot about my part in my family. I have always had the instinct to turn to friends first. Don't get me wrong, I talk to my family a lot... but I have always looked at friends as family also. I distance myself when things get hard, or I don't want to be apart of certain situations... But, over the past few weeks, it has really hit me upside the head that my family is just that... My Family. I am thankful that they have stuck with me, when I am sure I wasn't the easiest person to get along with.

So, for all this, and MUCH more. I am thankful. I really am a blessed girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment